Reilly's 1st Giants Game

Dad took Reilly to the Giants-Dodgers game on Saturday, all by himself. We made it to our seats just in time for Barry's first at-bat. The house was packed, the day beautiful, and Reilly was in awe. She was having such a good time that I never even opened her bag of toys. I can't say she followed every pitch, but she did help influence the game.
It was the middle of the ninth, the Giants down by three to the hated Dodgers, Reilly was getting tired, and Dad was out of beer. Then some pumping music came on to get the crowd fired up. Immediately Reilly and I perked up. We started dancing. We started boogeying, and the next thing you know Vin Scully is waving at us, and Kevin and Jeffe are dancing with us from the lower deck. Allright...let's get this party started.
So Reilly starts the 9th inning rally and the Giants come back with 4 runs to win it!!! We stayed till the end, and after packing up all our belongings, Vin gives us one more wave as we head off to ni-ni land. Reilly stayed awake for the whole game, but she was probably asleep before I could even finish buckling her in to the car seat. Great day!
PS - Kevin is responsible for the awesome and apparently good-luck Giants outfit. He also took this picture. Thanks uncle Kev!

2 Comments:
I can't believe Vin Scully would wave at a Giants fan....no matter how cute she it!!! This is an outrage!
By
Anonymous, at 1:32 PM
His wave in the middle of the 9th was one of confidence, he must of felt a little sorrow for this little Giants fan. His wave after the game was of admitted defeat, he got suckered by that little Giants fan to let his guard down.
By
adam, at 1:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home